Although firmware update for either iPad 2 / iPad 3 iPad 4 / iPad mini or the newest iPad Air / Retina iPad mini is a straightforward procedure we were reported such instances when users have faced problems after updating their Apple tablets. The most often complaints are sound as follows: “ iPad stuck in recovery mode after update”, “my iPad update failed with error message”, “update failed, now iTunes doesn't recognize iPad “, “iPad is not detected after a failed update“, "Error 3200" etc. Particularly, such messages have flooded the social networks when users have tried to update their devices to the newest iOS.
Forget it for now on. We will give you the best tips on how to avoid update disappointments.
Very important : To avoid any problem never use wireless update of your iPad!
We share with you two best ways how to update Apple firmware without causing any problem for you gadget . Let’s call the first one automatic update , via iTunes, and the second one – manual update, though also via iTunes. But remember, whichever of two ways you choose, back up your Apple tablet before update. Why the preliminary backup is so important. If you don't do this the Apple's routine will apply backup during update procedure and your iPad may freeze or hang forever.
Suppose you choose automatic update. Then:
- Make sure you have the latest version ITunes installed.
- Make sure the screensavers, antivirus software, “sleep after” feature are disabled on your computer.
- Make sure iPad battery is charged above 20% ( we would recommend at least 50 - 60 %). If you are not sure charge you tablet for at least 40 minutes.
- Make sure your iconic tablet has no apps running in background.Follow those advice to release the memory from apps in background.
- Disable wireless communication ability of your tablet by setting Airplane Mode ON.Get advice how to do this quickly
- Make sure your Apple tablet is powered off .
- Connect iPad to computer. ( Before connecting to USB port make sure that the cable is stuck onto iPad dock port evenly and firmly.). tablet will turn on automatically do not Slide to Unlock iPad, leave it alone) and you will see iTunes window (if not not launch it manually) on your computer display. iTunes installed on your computer will automatically check new firmware updates. If there is an update you’ll see an update window appear.
- Click “Update” to start the process. Another box will appear basically verifying the update from Apple and offering you three option: Cancel, Download Only, Download and Update.
- Never use Download and Update button, instead Click Download Only button. Now iTunes will begin downloading the new firmware. This could take quite a time as the newest Apple firmware weights hundreds of MB. During downloading never touch you itablet or computer. Let them to complete the job.Once the download is complete select your device in iTunes under Devices on the left-hand side and click the Info tab. Now you will see two options: Update and Restore.
- Find Update button in the blue box and click it.This will extract the downloaded firmware and update iPad . Again ,never touch your tablet or computer. Let them to complete the job. The Apple tablet will restart itself to complete the firmware update.
- Use this direct link to download onto your computer the latest Apple iOS with your favorite download manager or browser. The file should bear .ispf extension after downloading the desired firmware for tablet. Save it in the directory chosen. Your browser may change the extension the ipsw-file into a zip-file. In that case, just rename it to end in .ipsw otherwise iTunes will not accept it.
- Connect your tablet to computer( the requirements for connection are the same as in the case os automatic update : see above).
- Select your Apple tablet in iTunes under Devices on the left-hand side and click the Info tab. Now you will see two options: Update and Restore.
- Find Update button in the blue box and Shift+Click it (in the case of PC) or Option+Click it (for Mac).Very important : Shift + Click (Option+Click for Mac) but not just click**
- Choose from the opened file dialog the ipsw-file you download. Click Open it. The update will install itself to your device. Again , never touch your Apple tablet or computer. Let them to complete the job. The tablet will restart itself to complete the firmware update.
Fiddling with tablet may encourage you to unveil 50+ secrets that can help you maintain iPad.