Presumably, if you are staying here, your favorite gadget that is iPad / iPad 2 / ipad 3 / iPad 4 or even the newest Retina iPad mini / iPad Air got completely frozen, it decided not to turn on or being turned ON does not respond to your Home button pushes. Your are completely sure that iPad's battery is full but gadget seems to be dead. Don't panic, the solution can come quickly and easily:
Hint Mind you, advice on iPad below are iPhone / iPod touch applicable.
- If your iconic tablet got frozen due to the failure of some application but his display is in the turn-on state press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until Lock Screen appears, then press and hold the Home button until the problematic application quits.
- If that doesn’t work, turn itablet off, and then turn it on again. To do this press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until Lock screen appears, then drag the red slider (iOS < 7.0) / swipe, say, from left to right (iOS 7 or greater). Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.
- If that doesn’t work, reboot iPad that is press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for at least 10-20 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. You MUST keep holding both buttons even after the Lock Screen appears (sometimes, the time to hold both buttons may be as much as 60 seconds.)
- release the buttons and let the ipad load. But if it does not do this and is stuck (after reboot) either on Apple logo or spinning little circleconnect iPad to computer, wait up to 30 seconds and launch up iTunes ( it should be already installed and be updated) and wait for a while.It may fix your problem, iPad will appear in iTunes and operate normally.
- If all above steps failed and your gadget continues to be frozen or repeatedly restarts but never stops on the Home screen or shows only the logo of Apple with no progress bar further, or is no longer recognized in iTunes put iPad into recovery mode