Multitouch on iPad

Started from version 5 iOS has a really cool feature that could eventually replace the home button that is the ability to do multitasking gestures on Apple tablets. These 4 / 5 finger gestures allow you to exit an app, reveal the multitasking toolbar and move between apps. To enable multitouch gestures on Apple tablet do the following:

    1. Tap Settings from the Home Screen.
    2. Tap General on the left-half of the main Settings screen.
    3. Set ON the Multitasking Gestures on the right-half of the main Settings screen.
    4. Tap grey Bluetooth arrow-button (at the top) to return to Bluetooth menu.
    5. Press Home button to return to the Home screen.

List of iPad Air / iPad mini / iPad 4 / iPad 3 /iPad2 multitouch gestures

Despite very handy multitouch gestures that help us get through ipad's routines research suggests that only 35% of people can multitouch effectively. As for the remaining 65%? They’re actually wearing out their iPads by closing app's window with physical Home button instead of bringing to bear the five-fingers pinch. And what about people who lock their iPads not with touch on virtual Lock Screen button but with press on mechanical one namely Power/Sleep? Focusing on using touch gestures will greatly extend the useful life of the Apple iconic tablet.

Fiddling with tablet may encourage you to unveil 50+ secrets that can help you maintain iPad.