iTunes find iPhone / iPhone 4
Under certain circumstances, you may find that iTunes is not capable to find your iPhone. To restore this iTunes feature on Windows machine do the following:
- Disconnect your iphone from PC if it was connected
- Go to the Control Panel on your Windows machine, then to the Programs and Features.
- Scroll down the list of programs installed to find Apple Mobile Device Support.
- Right click it and choose uninstall.
- Download the latest version of iTunes but do not install it.
- Rename downloaded iTunesSetup.exe into iTunesSetup.zip
- Unzip iTunesSetup.zip into separate folder and find there AppleMobileDeviceSupport.msi
- Click it, this will install the latest version of Mobile Drivers from Apple.
- Go back to the main Control Panel screen and click Administrative Tools.
- In the window launched click Services.
- In the list of services find Apple Mobile Device
- Right click it and choose Properties.
- In the window opened choose Automatic for the Startup type and click OK
- Close all windows opened and restart your computer.
- Connect your iPhone. This will trigger the launch of iTunes application. Your iPhone should appear as an active device in the left column of your iTunes window.
page revision: 13, last edited: 05 Aug 2012 15:46