Enter DFU mode on iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad
Finding yourself in need of DFU mode for iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad do the following:
Procced with advice on how to quit DFU mode
- Turn off iTunes.
- Connect iOS device to Mac / PC via native cable. (Look here how to connect properly).
- Power off iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Press and hold for 3 seconds Sleep/Wake button.
- After 3 seconds, keeping hold on Sleep/Wake press Home button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 (exactly) seconds, keeping hold on Home button release Sleep/Wake one, after that keep pressing Home for about 15 seconds more. (Screen should remain black, if you see anything but a blank screen, you got the timing wrong. By repeating above stepsyou must try again until you get it right ).
- When “new device found” message appear on computer screen your iPhone / iPod Touch is in DFU mode.