iOS offers numerous ways to arrange the apps icons on iPad Home screen, some of them are very handy. First is docking. On-screen dock may hold at the bottom those icons that are the same on all desktops of the Apple tablet. So it is very convenient to have all valuable apps right at hand no matter at what desktop you are at the moment. But what is the maximum number of apps that can be docked at the bottom of the newest iPad Air / Retina iPad screen? Or what about the same thing for Apple tablet of older gens i.e iPad 2 / iPad 3 / iPad 4? Do you still think about publicly claimed number of 5 – 6 apps. Forget about such low number. We will share with you a real trick - how to place virtually as many apps as as you want atop on-screen dock of iPad . Here it is, laid out in its precise form:
- Press any icon on the dock and keep holding until all icons will start wiggling.
- Move wiggling icons one by one from dock to desktop.(To do this touch gently with finger the icon you wanna drag and move fingertip over the surface without losing contact.) Don’t press Home button after you did. Icons should continue to wiggle. (If they accidentally stop wiggling touch any icon again so that they resume their dance.)
- Add /Group wiggling icons into folders. For iOS < 7.0 you may add up to 20 apps into one folder, while iOS 7 has increased it up to 9 x 14. (Again don’t press Home button after you did. Icons should continue to wiggle).
- Touch wiggling icon of the folder with apps, drag it onto the dock and release to keep its position.
- Repeat step 4 with other folders wiggling on the desk.
- Press physical Home Button (or Virtual Home button, which is preferable,) to “freeze” wiggling apps and folders.
If you have a huge amount of apps (or for any other reason) you can rearrange their icons (including those ones for folders) between different iPad's home desktops. To do this:
- Make icons wiggling by pressing and holding any of them for a little while.
- Then touch gently with finger the icon you want to move and drag fingertip over the surface without losing contact from left or right off the screen until the new home screen appears.
- Drop it anywhere on screen.
- Press physical Home Button (or Virtual Home button, which is preferable) to “freeze” wiggling apps and folders.